Dear TCNaz Family,
In response to yesterday’s announcement by Governor DeWine, we wanted to take a moment to update you on how the Tipp City Church of the Nazarene is responding to COVID-19 in our local context. We have taken time to discuss, pray, and weigh the issue at hand. These decisions were not made lightly, and we pray that you will extend grace as we navigate this issue together.
Our goal is to continue the mission of the church while keeping others safe. With this in mind, here are a few ways that we will be going about that:
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: We will continue to have our services at 10:30 AM on Sundays. We will evaluate this each week and keep you updated. Extra bottles of hand sanitizer will be added near the sanctuary. We do discourage hand shaking. Air high-fives, toe taps, and elbow bumps are encouraged. We will temporarily forgo our meet and greet time.
- Facebook Live: If you are experiencing any symptoms, have a compromised immune system, or feel uncomfortable coming to church during this time, we encourage you to stay home. We trust that you will make the best decision for you and your family. If you choose to do so, the service will be available via Facebook Live on our Tipp City Church of the Nazarene Facebook page.
- Sunday School: We will be cancelling Sunday School until further notice.
- Our Sick, Elderly, and Shut-ins: Our staff will be calling to check-in on our sick and shut-ins throughout the weeks ahead. We would like to encourage our church family to do the same. A simple phone call can go a long way.
- Salvation Army: Because we want to continue to minister well to those in need in our community, we will keep our Salvation Army times open.
- The Tipp City Preschool Learning Center will stay open as well. They have taken steps to add additional protocols for sanitation and cleanliness. Our goal is to continue to provide this much needed service to the families in our community.
- Backpack Program and Meals: We sent out a month’s supply of food to all the children in our local schools that are signed up for the backpack program. This will help families in need have some additional food over the next several weeks. We also encourage you to watch for families in your neighborhood that might need extra help during this time. If you aren’t able to help, please let the church know and we will be sure to get food and/or necessities to those who are in need.
- Coffee Bar and Church Dinners: At this time we are postponing any church dinners and our Sunday morning coffee bar, this includes our Rabbit Food and Tubers fundraiser. Don’t worry, as soon as we are able to, we will reschedule this event. It will not in any way slow the progress of the kitchen project.
- Life Groups: Each group can decide for themselves if they would like to continue to meet during this time.
- Velocity and TCNaz Kids: Both Velocity teens and TCNaz Kidz were canceled for this week, 3/15, prior to schools being closed because of a conflict for the leadership. We will not meet this week for that reason. We will make decisions about our Sunday night gatherings week by week moving forward and will be sure to clearly communicate those with you.
Please know that we are paying close attention to the recommendations from the CDC and State and Local Officials. If there are specific things that we can do to help slow the spread of the virus, we want to do it.
And finally, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Grace and Peace,
Pastor Rachel Kuhn