COVID-19 Update (March 19)
Each day we find out new information concerning our world and the effects that COVID-19 is having. In response to this, I wanted to take a moment to update you on how the Tipp City Church of the Nazarene is responding in our local context. The staff met for several hours today to pray and discuss our next steps. These decisions were not made lightly, and we pray that you will extend grace as we navigate this issue together.
Our goal is to continue the mission of the church, Loving God, Serving Others, Growing Together, while keeping others safe. With this in mind, here are a few updates on how we will be going about that:
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: This week our Sunday morning service will be streamed via Facebook live. If you do not have a facebook account, you can still view our service here.
- Prayer: Wednesday nights at 7 PM we will host a prayer service. You can join us online. Also, weekly prayer times are scheduled for noon each day. Know that you are being prayed for. We would love for you to join us.
- Discipleship: Our heart is to see our people still grow together during this time. Life Group and Bible Study leaders and Sunday School Teachers will be receiving information concerning a tool called Zoom. This will give groups the ability to meet online for the time being. Also, our church has a one on one bible study called The Quest. This would be a great time to sign up to that with one of our leaders. We can meet with you via Facetime or over the phone!
- Our Sick, Elderly, and Shut-ins: Our staff will be calling to check-in on our sick and shut-ins throughout the weeks ahead. We would like to encourage our church family to do the same. A simple phone call can go a long way.
- Salvation Army: Because we want to continue to minister well to those in need in our community, we will keep our Salvation Army times open.
- The Tipp City Preschool Learning Center will stay open as well. They have taken steps to add additional protocols for sanitation and cleanliness. Our goal is to continue to provide this much needed service to the families in our community.
- Events: All events from now through Easter are either being cancelled, postponed, or reimagined! Please be patient with us as we explore our options.
- Velocity and TCNaz Kids: Both Velocity teens and TCNaz Kidz will not be meeting in person this week. Parents, please watch for emails and updates. We are working on some ways to stay connected with our teens and children.
- Giving: We are so blessed to have amazingly gracious people. There are several ways you can continue to give tithes and offerings during this time: Paypal, Mail, and/or drop them by the church office.
Please know that we are paying close attention to the recommendations from the CDC and State and Local Officials. If there are specific things that we can do to help slow the spread of the virus, we want to do it.
And finally, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7